I hope everyone is enjoying nature as much as I am while everything is in full bloom and beauty. I've found myself three times this week walking over to my neighborhood park which has a community garden that I admire. I find it helps me re-group and center myself when the day of “doing” has me feeling like I am a hamster in a hamster wheel. Try it out sometime and report back ;)
Currently, I am getting a CSA box (what you see in the picture above), but patiently waiting for our rooftop garden to be finished. I'll share pictures once progress is made. (If you're interested in learning more about the CSA box program reach out to me here, and I’ll recommend a couple farmers I like based on your needs www.dianazic.com)
Here are my top 5 summer categories of fruits and veggies (*fyi I'm in Chicago) that will help your fertility:
1. Dark leafy greens (spinach, kale, chard, beet greens, collards, micro greens);
2. English and sweet peas;
3. Berries (raspberries, blueberries);
4. Root veggies (carrots, beets); and
5. Summer Squashes (zucchini, yellow squash)
* Remember to buy local, pesticide-free, organic, non-GMO. See the Environmental Working Group's Dirty Dozen below to decide which organic produce to spend your money on. A good rule of thumb, be sure to buy organic produce for anything that doesn't have a tough skin or exterior.
2017 Dirty Dozen from the Environmental Working Group (they’re a non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to protecting human health and the environment):
Sweet bell peppers
I'll be hosting a FREE Farmer's Market Tour - next Saturday, July 22nd 9-11 a.m. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday at 10 a.m. Sign-up is requested.
ALSO, I'm currently offering a complementary health history if you want one-on-one support in your fertility journey. Book here!
Look forward to connecting!